Thursday, February 23, 2012

I've got so much going on, making arrangements for the weekend for my husband and myself to go to the Family Life Weekend to Remember, where we are on the city ministry team.  Of course, as goes my life, things change day by day.  Rusty has worked overtime a lot lately, and we weren't sure we were going to be able to go.  In fact, we just reserved our room this week. 

Today, he texted me and said "I have to work Saturday".  (It isn't really optional when he's in charge of the job) 

Now what?  I let out a big sigh?  Will he have to work late Friday night?  Should we just cancel?  We can't cancel our room without 48 hours notice.  Should we pay for someone else to go since we're going to end up paying for our room anyways?  So many questions.

So, I'm too mentally exhausted to post anything deep. 

However, I was inspired by Marybeth Whalen's list of things she loves.  It gave me an idea.  Especially since I'm going to be busy getting ready tomorrow, and away all weekend. 

(Oh, in case you're wondering, we're still going, he's going to drive to work from there, we'll volunteer with the prayer team, etc.. as much as possible, and I'll drive my son to his hockey game Saturday.  We made arrangements for one daughter to stay with a friend, and we've talked our daughter and her boyfriend (fiance to be) into going with us to attend the pre-married sessions if we can squeeze them in) 

I'm going to post my own list of things I love, and see if it inspires you to tell me about things you'd like me to post about in the future.  Tell me about things you love, what you like or dislike about my posts and my blog so far.  What changes would you like to see?  What topics would you like to hear about? 

I love (in no certain order)...

Reading  (fiction and non, blogs, etc...)

Bible studies

Blogging

my Nook

high lighting my books, my favorite verses in my Bible, etc...

Being married
Butterflies

the zoo

Smoothies

tea cups

pearls

country decor

being pampered

Music

Coffee (Starbucks)

Lattes (especially from the Koffee Kuppe)

My Smart phone

My laptop

Hugs

Especially from my husband  :)

and children/grandchild

Camping

Long talks on the phone with my Mom

Coffee with a friend(s)

Flowers (I wish I could afford a landscaper)

Wildflowers 

Cookbooks  (Taste of Home, Paula Deen, Tricia Yearwood, etc...)

Lake MI, rivers, creeks, streams, ponds, lakes, oceans...

being alone

my parents

truffles

Going out to eat
Fried chicken

Mashed potatoes

a good salad, (especially Mediterranean @ Cartellis) 

Chicken Alfredo

Ice Cream

Chocolate covered strawberries

Watermelon

Facebook

Pinterest

My children's laughter

Amish Fiction

Organizing books

being organized

decluttering

7th Heaven

My pink bedroom

wrap around porches

farm houses

living in the country (even though I live in town now)

brown eyes

Mexican food

family traditions

my van

a clean kitchen

a clean house

morning doves, cardinals, bluebirds, canaries

country sounds at night (whippoorwills, crickets, frogs...)
Gerbera Daisies

My roses (transplanted from my Grandma's years ago)

Lilacs

pink

snow falling

rain (when I'm inside)

pens

calendars/planners

kosher dill pickles

visiting my cousin in OK

visiting my Aunt in Detroit

family reunions

Pringles

manicures

pedicures

the smell of fresh cut grass

the smell of fresh cut wood

campfires

chocolate chip cookies

new books released by my favorite authors

breakfast or lunch dates with my kids (one on one time)

date nights with my hubby

the library

being a homebody

lounging in pajamas or comfy clothes

my favorite (hearts at home) sweatshirt

Coty wild musk

Jennifer Aniston perfume

books about writing

marriage conferences

women's conferences

baking

a good haircut & color (#a good stylist)

beautiful things

toddlers

climbing into clean sheets on a made bed

staying at a nice hotel

porch swings

fresh air

the smell of suntan lotion

going barefoot

flip flops

flowers popping up in the spring

summer days

Fireplaces

fireflies

Roasted marshmallows

giving gifts

Christmas

good surprises

Romantic movies

Sentimental movies

lists

index cards

notebooks

big breakfasts

cantaloupe

honeydew

P31 ministries

Hearts at Home

Bookstores

I'll stop there.  Comment below and tell me more about yourself.  I'd love to get to know my readers.  What are a few of your favorite things?  what you like or dislike about my posts and my blog so far. What changes would you like to see? What topics would you like to hear about?

I look forward to hearing from you.  I'll check in as I can this weekend. 

Blessings!  

2 comments:

  1. my list isn't as long as yours. but i love your daughter and the life we have started together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful list Tammy! I'm impressed with how many lovely things you were able to come with.

    I've been feeling scatterbrained lately too. There is so much going on and so many things I want to write and learn about. See, even my sentence structure is scattered (or just rambly) today. :)

    Hopefully we're both feeling more focused and less scattered next week.

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...