Sunday, January 22, 2012

Turn left, Turn left my Navigator kept telling me as I passed one road and then the next.  My husband had already told me how to get to the hockey rink, but I like to use the Navigator as a back up. Since I wasn't going the way it thought I should go, it kept trying to get me back on track, and then Rerouting my directions. 

Isn't that just like God?  How many times do we get off track, and he tries to tell us we are going the wrong way?  Turn here while you still can, get back on track, take this road.  We hear Him whispering to us, yet we often continue down the wrong path, doing our own thing.

I have found myself on that wrong road many times in life.  I think I know what's best, or become impatient waiting for God's direction.  Let's face it, sometimes I know I'm on the wrong path, and I do it anyways. I have followed the stubbornness of my own heart, I've been selfish, prideful and rebellious.  Jeremiah 13:10 says, "  These wicked people, who refuse to listen to my words, who follow the stubbornness of their hearts and go after other gods to serve and worship them, will be like this belt—completely useless!" NIV

I don't know about you, but I don't want to be useless.  I don't want to go down a dead end road, or end up lost.  Too many wrong turns, and not following God's direction will not take me where I want to go.  I want to follow His plan for my life. 

It is not always easy, but no one ever said it would be.  "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:14 NIV 

Thank God for His whispers, for helping me to find my way back when I take the wrong way, and for his forgiveness.  "As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us" Psalm 103:12 NIV  I am thankful for His forgiveness, and that even when I mess up, I am forgiven.  As Jesus said to the woman in Luke 7:48, "your sins are forgiven" NIV.  However, he does not expect us to continue in a life of sin, as he says to the woman in John 8: 11 "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Where are you at today? Are you following God's direction, his navigator for your life? Are you heading down the wrong road, a path of destruction that only leads to hell?  If you do not know Him, feel free to email me privately.  I would love to help you find your way. 

"Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him."  Romans 4:7&8

"God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind.  Sometimes when you don't have time to listen He has to throw a brick at you.  It's your choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick." ~ Author Unknown

Find me on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Latte-Blessings/303803836335198
Like my page so you don't miss future posts. 

My blog is pretty new, so I appreciate your support! 

Blessings!
Tammy




4 comments:

  1. Great job honey,I knew you would be great at this.
    The first two posts were awesome,they had a great message,I hope you will be able to touch the lives of many through your writing.
    It has been a long time coming,im glad for you that you took this step of faith keep up the good work.P.S. I LOVE YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey! I appreciate your support, and I love you too!

      Delete
  2. So true! If I wasn't so lazy I'd start blogging!

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...