Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I've been so excited!  I was asked to be a mentor at the Alpha Family Center a couple of weeks ago.  I went and talked to the Director, filled out my application and ...

I haven't been back.

Last Thursday was going to be my first day, but then we had a snow day, and the center was closed as well.  Ok, let's try this again.  This week Wednesday should work. 

My daughter texted me last night from my son's hockey practice and said Mom, I think I have hives!  When she got home, I talked to her about going to the Emergency Room, but she thought she would be fine with just some Benadryl.  This morning we decided that she should go to the Dr. and find out what was going on.  I could not get her in until 10:45, so guess what? 
I had to call the Director at AFC and explain that I couldn't be in today. 

So often my day does not go as planned.  It's easy to get frustrated when you're excited to go do something, or even when you just had your own agenda for the day, and it's interrupted.  I'm learning to live with interruptions, which is hard for a wannabe perfectionist, and my (self diagnosed) adhd brain  Often it's little things, but an hour of my time feels like so much some days.  Do you ever feel this way?

I think the most important thing we can do is start our day asking God to plan our day.  "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans" Proverbs 16:3 NIV  Pray over your to do list.  Ask Him to change your heart and give you the right attitude, to be aware of his purpose and plan for your day and of those who may need you.  Not to see it as an interruption, but a blessing!

I am so blessed and grateful to be a stay at home Mom who is able to be "on call" for my children, friends and family.  I love being able to drive my Mom to the Dr. when she needs me, or if she calls and asks me if I can come and pick her up because her truck is being fixed, and it's going to take a while.  That means we can visit over coffee, or go have lunch and spend precious rare time together.
I love being here to serve my husband and children, even when that sometimes means my plans are changed.  After all, it isn't all about me, and they are only here for a little while.  Sometimes they just may need me to interrupt their day and take them out of school for lunch.  Or surprise my husband when he's working out of town with a visit and a hotel room with a hot tub.  The interruptions in life are often the moments we will remember the most.

My prayer for you today is this "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed" Psalm 20:4

Blessings!       

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Tammy - I can completely understand the moments of frustration and feeling as if you can't find enough time in the day for yourself. Lately, it feels as if I am just a "taxi" and most times I don't mind, but lately it has been overwhelming. I have so much I want to do and accomplish and with everything else that is going on in my life, it can be a bit much. With this new path I am taking in my life, I feel overwhelemed and just want to relax. I feel as you do, our family, especially our children are in our homes for a short time...so to help them is not a burden....but there are times when I ask when is it going to be my turn? Time for me? Selfish it may be, but I just want a little :). Your friend Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand! I've taken on the nickname "taximom"... my daughter even bought me a shirt that says Taximom, on call 24/7. I think that sums it up. lol
      It isn't selfish to take time for you, you have to take care of yourself in order to take care of others, and sometimes that means a little down time, and time to yourself.
      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Thanks for reading!

      Have a blessed day!

      Delete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...