Monday, January 30, 2012

It was such a beautiful day!  The sun was shining, and I just felt blessed.  I was driving home after talking with a friend about some struggles she was having with her marriage, and it just made me thankful for what I have. 
I was scheming, trying to figure out if I might be able to whisk my husband away for the weekend.  It was Friday, so I texted him to ask if he had to work Saturday. 
We'd been so busy lately, that we were both feeling a little disconnected. Not to mention exhausted!  If nothing else, maybe we could go to House of Flavors in Ludington for dinner.  Nice little road trip, and favorite place to eat (dessert).
He did not have to work, but had commitments at church on Sunday morning.  So this was not going to be a sneak attack for the entire weekend.  I had to talk it over with him.  Our son had hockey (two home games), and Dad was going to have to miss the game on Sunday, so he didn't want to miss Saturdays game too. 
I checked around a bit, and found an affordable room with a hot tub for one night.  We made it in time to eat at House of Flavors, then checked into our room and just relaxed. As all of my tension drifted away in the hot tub, I drifted off to sleep.  Oops. 
We even slept until around 9 A.M. and got a late checkout time (1pm)
I felt so relaxed and refreshed!  We had some much needed conversation, and time to just look into each others eyes and hearts.  Unlike the usual two ships passing in the night busyness at home.
We stopped at a nice little Cafe for lunch on our way, and made it to our sons hockey game in plenty of time on Saturday. 
Thank God for the time of rejuvenation that we had, because we had no idea the NEWS that was waiting for us when we got home! 
(TO BE CONTINUED...)    
I am so grateful for the husband that I have and the marriage that I have.  By no means is it perfect, we've had plenty of struggles.  Without God being at the center of our relationship, I honestly don't know that we'd have made it this far. 
   
How often do you get away with your mate? Just the two of you, for a date night, or a weekend?
Have you ever gone to a Family Life Marriage Conference (Weekend to Remember)?  Find out more at www.familylife.com/groups/fremontwesleyan (use this link to register for the group rate.)

I will be sharing some date night ideas on another post within a day or two.  Comment here or on my facebook to share your ideas with us.  How do you rekindle the flame in your marriage? Do you have regular date nights?  Favorite places to go, or things to do?
Also, be sure to check back to find out the NEWS that was waiting for us. 
Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...