Monday, January 23, 2012

I love Snow Days!  Today we got an unexpected day off school.  I'm not sure what you would call it... it wasn't snow, but rain, and a thunderstorm, and 40 degree temperatures! Yes, in January!  Hey, this is Michigan.  If you don't like the weather, just stick around, it will change.  ha ha The problem was the rain on top of snow and ice that we already had, making road conditions horrible. 

Regardless of how or why, I enjoy days like this.  Not so I can crawl back in bed, although I could have, but I was wide awake after getting up with my hubby to make his lunch and see him off to work.  I enjoy the fact that when my children don't have school, I don't have work, thus my entire day usually opens up.  I can stay in my pj's or dress comfortably and not have to leave the house.  I can spend the day baking, and listening to my children laugh.  We can cuddle up in a blanket and watch as many 7th Heaven DVDs as we want. 

This day in particular was nice, because most of the housework was done.  I did some dishes and a quick tidy this morning and spent most of the day baking, and reading and learning about this blogging world. 

I baked chocolate chip cookies, and banana walnut bread.  I love to bake, and I love Paula Deen and Trisha Yearwood cookbooks.  Have you checked out Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible?  How about Trisha's Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen cookbook? They're both favorites of mine!

So, what do you do on snow days?  I remember when I was younger, one time we had like two weeks off from school due to winter weather, and no electricity.   It was probably not so fun to my parents, but I enjoyed the candle light, and board games, and sitting by the wood stove to stay warm.   Good times, Good Memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...