Monday, July 9, 2012

Do you ever feel like you're drowning in clutter?  I sure do!  Sometimes, it feels like no matter how much "stuff" I get rid of, it's never enough.

Paperwork is my #1 enemy, but after that, it's probably movies and books.  We have a huge entertainment center, a small tv, and too many movies.  To me, it's visual cluttter. 


It would be nice if the tv actually fit in the spot it's in, but we don't plan to buy a new tv anytime soon (although my family would love that).  For now, it is what it is... ugly cords hanging down and all.   

The Wii is next to the tv, along with a few games, and the remotes/charger.  The blue box on the right is more Wii stuff. 
Below, on the floor (not in the picture) is the X-Box. 

The rest of the shelves are DVD's, VCR tapes, cd's, board games, and a few nic-nacs.  I've sorted movies and decluttered some, but most or all of these are keepers. I'm thinking that I could go and buy some of those cute baskets like Pottery Barn has...


Or I could buy one like this


However, I don't want to spend a ton of money when what we have is fully functional. 

I found these ideas on Pinterest. 


 

I kind of like the bottom one.  I could box up all the cases and do this, but I'm not so sure it would stay like that.  Meaning the kids probably wouldn't put the movies away in this... but maybe.

What do you think?  I'd love to hear your ideas!  What are your organizational challenges?  Leave your comment below, or on my facebook page. 

Blessings! 


 


3 comments:

  1. I agree that the sheer volume and movies and video games can really be difficult to control! I am in the process of weeding through ours and getting rid of MANY! (I plan to donate them somewhere, a hospital, shelter, domestic violence center) We now have Netflix and most of our movies can be found there. I did try putting the videos in zipper cases (the kind you might use for CDs in a vehicle) and while it keeps them together, the kids never think to look there. I like the bottom box with the sleeves! Is there a way to label them at the top with the movie title? If not, maybe you could use those Post-it file tabs or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To hide the TV cords you could get a rod and fit it over the TV. Then get a cheap small curtain and cut it to drape over and around your TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to make some money on NCR!

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...